Transmission issue?

Mustmarshall

Jul 30, 2018
Pa
Hello! I am new to posting threads, but would like some opinions on a issue with my mustang.
I own a 1966 mustang, 289 engine with 3-speed transmission.
The family and I took our beloved stang out for a hour yesterday and it was running fine. We were about a mile from the storage unit where we keep when the oil pressure gauge went below low. Engine didn't act any different at this point. When I tried to drive the car in the storage unit, I couldn't get the front tires to roll over a two lip in the storage unit concrete while in first gear. I turned the car off and put it in neutral and my wife and I tried to push the car but it would not budge. At this point I had started the car back up, put the car in reverse and had the RPM up high and she moved backwards. Then put the car in first and had the RPM up high and finally got it in the storage unit. It was probably not the best idea to do that, but had to get her put away.
I ended up spending the night thinking what could have gone wrong. First thing that puzzled me was not being able to push the car in neutral. I thought maybe jacking up the rear and seeing if the rear wheels and drive train would freely move. Thoughts on this?
Next for what is happening on not able to move the car in gear. Could this be a clutch box issue or linkage issue.
I have never worked on a transmission and need all the help I can get. All opinions are welcome.
Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

It sounds like a brake issue ,like the brakes are dragging . The wheel cylinders sometimes rust and the puck will not return locking up the brakes . Jack up a front tire and try to spin it,if it is hard to turn or drags it is the brakes

Reactions: 1 user