Transmission Problem/Dif Problem

DFG 5OH

Aug 28, 2004
Louisville, KY
My transmission shifts strong, but it will not chirp the tires in second. I've tried, but when i'm getting on it in first, and pop it into second, i get a thump/clanging noise coming from under the car. I doubt its good. I've only got 2 months of stick shift driving under my belt, but i'd say that i'm a pretty good driver, and it could be me, but i dont know :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

well, i still dont know what the sound was, but i was driving around tonight, shifting at around 4000 at 1-2 2-3 gears, and the tires wouldnt "chirp" but i had a windows rolled down, and could hear the tires break from the pavement, sounded like sandpaper...anyways...i also heard that ding tonight too, but i heard it at a weird time, i stomped it in 2nd at around 1300 RPMS, and when did i heard a hollow ding sound come from the engine bay, sounded to the left, anyways...the car has 126,000 and may just be getting old

ding might be detonation.

have you checked the condition of the trans mount and U-joints yet, as well as checking fluid level (trans and pumpkin)?

good luck.