Mach 1 Transmission Probs!

mach1grrl

Founding Member
Sep 25, 2002
Naperville, IL
Hey all! My mach lately has been acting up when it goes to shift from 1st into 2nd....it's an auto and it feels as if it's going over rumble strips (on the tollway) when it goes to shift...car vibrates and jerks and makes a rumble sound. Anyway I brought it in today, and they said it is leaking transmission fluid and after opening it up they will be able to tell if it's just a leak or if it needs a new tranmission. I am sooo bummed :( Hate leaving my car at the dealer for days at a time. Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has heard of any tranmission problems on the mach? It is an 03, auto, will have it 2 years in feb, and it has about 25,000 miles on it.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Have you noticed fluid on the ground before it started acting up? My 04 Mach is a auto to and my trans pan bolts were all loose and leaking,but I caught it in time.So much for QC at assembly. :notnice: Sorry to hear your misfortune.

350HPZ said:
Have you noticed fluid on the ground before it started acting up? My 04 Mach is a auto to and my trans pan bolts were all loose and leaking,but I caught it in time.So much for QC at assembly. :notnice: Sorry to hear your misfortune.

Nope the car has not been leaking at all. Guess I just have to wait and see :(