Transmission Rattle Noise - TSB 04-13-4

BlkOnBlk04Cobra

May 23, 2005
Erie, PA
Ok - I know I saw info on this before, but couldn't locate it. I noticed some "gumball machine" type rattling that's coming from the tranny. I tracked down a tech service bulletin and followed it up with visit to the dealership. They say the problem is a cracked or broken release bearing guide tube and the fix is to install a "revised adapter cover plate which contains a new release bearing guide tube". Anybody have any experience with this??? :shrug: Makes me nervous allowing folks to tear into a tranny with only 2700 miles on it. (Also have some driveline vibration that feels a bit like a u-joint going, but could also be the rearend... I've gotten on it a few times pretty good, but now I'm beginning to feel like my Cobra is a bit more fragile than anticipated.) Holy Crap - sorry for the book! :( (Any advice Uncle Meat?)

• Sponsors (?)

They won't have to tear into the guts of the tranny to perform the TSB. I say let them go for it because it's a simple R&R job. As for the driveline vibration... there's a TSB for that too and the fix is based on what speed the vibration happens at and whether it increases in intensity as MPH increases. I'll have to wait until I get home before I can post it though. Don't have access to it from work.

U.M.