Transmission removal and installation instructions

coachpete

Apr 16, 2008
Hey Guys,

My t5 Trans has almost had it and I want to do the trans removal and re-installation myself to save some valuable money. Is there a step by step document out there for such an activity.

The reason I believe I need a new trans is while driving the other day I was going down a local road and while under power the car suddenly seemd to hiccup or lose power and when I immediately pressed in the clutch and reengaged the clutch the problem was gone. I do not know honestly if it the trans or the clutch but since the clutch was not being used when the vehicle sputtered I thought the trans is the item that is going bad but maybe you can help me decide what is going on. The Trans has 103,000 mile son it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

If that's the only symptom you are going by to base removing the trans...then you are about to do a lot of work for no reason.

The engine sputters under load. More than likely it would have nothing to do with the trans I would look at the igntion system first. If the car is an '86 i would pull the check engine codes and see what they say.

Don't pull the trans just yet