Transmission (T5) noise/vibe with 4.10's..

KFRG

Jan 6, 2004
Hey guys,
I have a new T5 in my car (conversion) with 4.10's. I noticed in 5th, if I go above 60-65MPH (22-2300RPM) it seems to strain, with a slight grinding noise. I downshifted to 4th went WOT and as the RPMs climbed I heard what sounded like the trans shuddering or vibrating. The noise was also apparent after letting off the gas in neutral or 5th after going WOT at a high speed. Is this normal due to the 4.10s (and if so, did I screw anything up), or do I have trans issues?

Thank you.

• Sponsors (?)

well after a gear swap the driveshaft spins much faster thus making it more prone to vibs to make it go away your going to need to take the dog bone off the rearend that is calibrated to the stock gears. all that thing does is suppress vibration but with different gears it dosent do any good it actually makes it worse. and invest in an aluminum driveshaft it will soak up a lot of the vibs. as long as you have no noise in the rearend you've prolly done the gears correctly so that's not an issue just keep open ears and listen because if you just have done them they might not whine for a couple days