Transmission Trouble

kiddiccarus

The first widely accepted Tranny
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Dec 24, 2003
30 Mins from a Ragged GT
My 93 LX is giving me transmission troubles. Here is the problem. I will start the car and back out of the garage but when I turn around and put it in drive it sits there unless I rev it up and then the transmission engages. Any thoughts??

I have been told to drop the pan and check the filter and change all of the fluid. as anyone ran across this problem

Automatic 1993 with OD

• Sponsors (?)

if it has more than 100K miles since the last fluid change, I would strongly recommend not changing the fluids. in a high milage transmission like that, the new detergents in the new fluid will remove deposits which are preventing leaks, or allowing bands and valves to work properly.
First, check the fluid level.
if you treat it well, you can get a lot more miles, but there isn't much you can do for a transmission that is on the way out. That is what preventanive maintance is for. :(

I have had this car since 01 and have checked the fluids weekly on Saturday am for the entire time Ihave had it. I cannot speak for the previous owner but I treat her well. She has turned over 300, just this past July and until now I have had no Major Problems.