Tration lok from 2007 GT or FMS M-4204-F318C?

the boost creep

Apr 16, 2005
I'm on a budget for the 31-spline rear end build, so I came across a few sales on Ebay. One for a for a new FMS unit and the other w/ 6200mi removed from an 07 GT. Price difference is $80. FMS unit advertises carbon fiber clutch plates, but I don't know if the one from 07 GT has that as well. And can someone tell me what the anti-lock exciter ring is because FMS unit says it will accept it. Isn't the ring for anti-lock on the end of the axle?

So can you all share what you would do in this situation? Also I'm assuming both differentials will bolt go right in with no mods (other than the 31 spline axles it needs).

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I've always just went to the junkyard pull a differential out of an E150 or F150 (Explorerer as well) with an 8.8... Most of those have the 31 Spline Differential your looking for. sometimes you score and get a set of 3.73's with them :)

I've always just went to the junkyard pull a differential out of an E150 or F150 (Explorerer as well) with an 8.8... Most of those have the 31 Spline Differential your looking for. sometimes you score and get a set of 3.73's with them :)

:stupid: Werd

Then rebuild it with the extra clutch. I think the rebuild kit and clutch pack goes for about 50 bux from 5ohresto etc.

Those rebuild kit used to be like $46 on Summit, but I think they have gone up a lot in price. I'm not going to waste the time putting an extra clutch in mine. It hooked fine for the last 140,000 miles without it.

Kurt