Travesty

• Sponsors (?)

Recently a new coworker thought it was funny that I could drive a massive stick shift tow truck, drink coffee (no cup holders), and smoke at the same time. I was training him. Haha!

When I had my 2003 GT, I hurt my right hand pretty badly. Car was a stick and I still needed to get to work.

So if shift with my left hand. Just reach over, shift and hold the steering wheel with knee. Wasn't hard.

Then I started doing phone calls and coffee mixed in with that.

I miss that car. I gotta track it down.

Reactions: 1 user
My first pickup at 18 years old was a manual, I feel bad that my kids may not ever know the feeling of driving one, Auto manufacturers have phased them out to the point its remarkable to have a manual shift now. of course after years of shifting I opted for a automatic in my 1997 f-250 and have never looked back, Jersey traffic was killing me.

Mine was a 3 on the tree. I left the keys in it.

Best theft deterrent system ever.

Reactions: 1 users
I have never owned an automatic in my life nor do I desire one, I had to order my new Truck to get a Stick and it took 3 or 4 months to come in but was worth the wait!

Attachments

• Shift.jpg
    Shift.jpg
    371.3 KB · Views: 83
  • Progrille.jpg
    Progrille.jpg
    439.2 KB · Views: 79
After owning and driving stick shift tow trucks my entire life you could not get one with an automatic. The early models had longevity/durability issues but most have 'tow mode' now, the problems with both old stick trucks and the new automatics can be mostly blamed on 'operator error' or as I call it 'terminally stupid', my first built tow truck had a modified 390 in it, I let an employee drive it while I was on vacation. Wheel hop in a 8k+ lb duelly is very violent, he broke the trans case, tore the driveshaft in half and bent an axel.
If given a choice for a street car, I say give me a stick shift every time.

I have a love hate relationship with my standard. I love it when faced with an increasing radius turn and room to run. I hate it when Im faced with traffic or red light after red light which is far more common. The only thing preventing me from a swap is the pain in the ass it will be. If I ever buy another fox body it will be an aod.

I have never owned an automatic in my life nor do I desire one, I had to order my new Truck to get a Stick and it took 3 or 4 months to come in but was worth the wait!
I wish I hadn't given up the search for a manual trans Ram 2500 with a Cummins so quickly before buying an F150 instead. I detest that pig and it's 6R80 autotragic.

I would have gone with a stick Tacoma or Frontier, but neither can tow what I want them to, and both cost as much as an F150 that can.

Last edited: