tree sap...

03v6

Sep 10, 2004
Georgia
I now have a layer of dots of tree sap covering my car: top, sides, front, back, everywhere, top of spoiler, windshield, trunk, bumpers, everywhere.
How the hell do I get it off w/o hurting my paint/clearcoat. I really really need help please...

• Sponsors (?)

My tar sap came off with a clay bar. All claybars are the same, so get the cheapest one since it doesn't matter. It's pretty easy to clean it off with the clay bar. Also, once you use the clay bar, it stips any wax you had on your car, so it's ideal to wax it after your done. I use it and it's awesome. You can really feel the difference once your done using one.

RED98 said:
I use clay bar too! That stuff rules. Do clay bar, then polish, then wax, and whooaa your car will look nice, and be smooth as... ummmm.. smooth as... something that's real smooth. dammit.

The clay bar is great! I love it. The first time I used it on my car it took me 5 hours, but it was worth it. Up then I used polish and wax but it didn't look that great because the wax and polish was pretty crappy(the megurire's gold one).

AndyG47 said:
It's simply called Bug&Tar remover I have a bottle. Works wonders in the summer after my bumper is pattered black with 'squetos.

I got some bug and tar remover in August. It's in a white bottle and it's made by Turtle Wax. I used it to get the tar off car, but I didn't really like it take much. I think it would have worked better if I used it to break up some of the tar and then clay barred it.

yeah..heard about all that... and have some bug and tar remover... but it is all over my car... it would take a **** load.... im gonna wash it and see how much comes off tomrorow mornin.. then we will see

yup .. it's going to be a lot of hard work ... All Sol will take it off .. but don't use it if you havent tried it before ... it will scratch paint easily ... and as everyone else has said, clay bar it, polish it and then a good coat of wax. I clay bar my car 3-4 times a year, and a thorough three step wax every two months, and a quick hand wax every two weeks. The clay bar alone will do wonders. If you lean on your car, you'll probably slide right off.