Tremec 3650 suits?

boatillo

Jun 10, 2006
Has anyone here sued, or do you know someone who has sued Ford Motor Co. and/or Tremec about the very annoying 1-2 and/or 2-3 clunk in the TR3650?

There is a 1,700+ postcount thread on this site with owners who experience this, and a TSB released by Ford that usually fixes the issue. This TSB costs a minimum of $1,646.57 for those whose warranties have expired. I believe this issue warrants a Recall status, and the law should prove disgruntled owners right.

(I own a 2003 Mach 1, with 4100 miles on the odometer and I have fallen out of the 3/36 warranty period. I should not have to pay for a psuedo-recall.)

• Sponsors (?)

They fixed mine under warranty with no questions asked, it took them two days.

Have you talked with the service manager to see if maybe they will go half or something like that...sorry about your luck.:(

Well I'm prepared to bring a small-claims suit, if nothing else. With the level of complaint and incidence I am surprised there has been no class-action yet.

I don't want some bullet-proof tranny that I can make 1000 passes in, I just want to wake up in the morning and be able to drive a couple miles without cringing.

The old suit never went through, and you can't really sue Tremec, they have the kit available for Ford. You would have to sue Ford for not enforcing the fix.

I never got any one of the dealerships around here to do the fix even before I was modded.