Tremec TKO install issue ?? pics

• Sponsors (?)

The 3550/TKO transmissions are substantially larger than the T-5 they replace, so it's not uncommon to have to clearance the tunnel a little in areas. Nothing a BFH and a block of wood can't fix, IMO.

Mine has more clearance than that. That one seems a bit tight. What kind of motor mounts do you Have? Did you end up with the right trans bushing? What brand is it?

I have Pioneer convertable motor mounts so the motor does sit a little lower. The busings and motor mount are Energy Suspension.

I was considering removing the exhaust hanger plate to gain some clearance, but I want to be careful not to change the driveshaft angle???:shrug:

I guess it is either remove the plate or BFH the tunnel? Do you guys have any other ideas?

Mine has more clearance too... I am using the stock trans mount for now but mine seems to be a bit shorter than yours if memory serves me right. I am also using an HPM crossmember so that might have something to do with it too. I am also running the exhaust hanger too which won't effect the height that significantly. Do you have the stock mount. Compare the two if you do.
Kevin