Tremec TKX 5-spd

Is it installed yet? lol
Install starts when I get home from work tonight, plan to have her breathing fire this weekend.
Yup, no handle here for my 600.

The top of that trans looks super low. I don't expect you to have any issues with trans tunnel fitment. You're the first one here with one. Can't wait to see a documented install.

If you get someone to video it you might make money on YT. People are going to be searching like crazy for install and driving vids. They'll be hitting the forum, too.

Congratulations on being the first here, man !!!
Trust me, no one wants to watch my fat ass install a motor/trans. I will however try to take some pics, maybe some vid, of any problem areas or things that are different from a normal tko (which shouldnt be many since tkos drops into a fox without issue)

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Been getting the prep work done, but this is where we're at before a quick supper break, still got a few prep items on the car itself but plan to at least have the it dropped in tonight and worry about the hookups tomorrow.
0312211643.jpg

Also a couple small problems already: I 2day shipped a triad handle, but its made for 5/16 shifter bolts and the tremec shifter uses 3/8, easy enough to drill out. But the next problem is the bolts are too short for this handle and theyre fine thread (which of course I dont have on hand) so a hardware store trip is on the list for the morning. Again, not a huge issue, just annoying.
0312211528.jpg
0312211536.jpg

And yes, I am fully aware my phone camera is :poo:.

Reactions: 4 users
alright, after a bunch of problem solving (nothing to the with the trans, almost 100% hydroboost and idiot related) i finally got a (short) test drive in today. so far, diggin the trans, not clunky like my old tko or mt82 in the coyote (which also likes to grind when cold). wish i knew how a new t5 shifted for comparison. i do know that even with a mgw shifter the mt82 is a bit more...vague? about going into gears. you can definitly feel the gating. but its pretty smooth.

couple more fiddly bits to fix (put interior back together, speedo cable came unhooked from the dash, a few tuning issues, etc) and we'll see how it does once im more used to the clutch (rxt btw if i didnt mention it already) and can do some higher rpm shifts.

Reactions: 1 users
I guess for me, it's now TKX vs T-56.

My only reason for wanting the T56 is just to say I have the 6th gear. I need to sit down and do a cost comparision and really decide.

We'll see how my Dogecoin does

Last edited:
What would be the difference over all, idk much with the TKX, but I’ve wanted the t56, but then comes bell housing, clutch change, drive shaft etc. would this be the same thing if swapping over to the tkx.

My tko600 shifts really smooth. Was upgraded by Hanlon Motorsports. Can't wait to see someone install and drive this tkx in a fox.
I just bought a TKO 600 a year ago. Day early and dollar short again. Got mine from Modern Driveline and had them do an upgrade for shifting. Mine is pretty smooth too. I am curious to drive something with the TKX though...

Reactions: 1 user