Tri-ax is a little loud, anyone else have this issue??

PSCBrenden

May 6, 2004
Dallas
I installed my Tri-ax yestarday and took it for a drive with the windows down. well last nite i drove home witht he A/C on low and the windows up and i can hear the transmission just a little comming from the shifter. Is this normal with the tri-ax?

• Sponsors (?)

I also just installed mine this week. I did wrap some electrical tape around the handle bottom and I am pleasantly surprised about how quiet mine is. I really have to listen for any noise and if I had not read about noise issues here I would probably have never noticed it.

coramprat said:
I reinstalled the rubber boot. It doesn't quite fit around the shifter the way it should but it reduced the noise and keeps the dust from coming into the car.

You're supposed to install the boot back :) At least that's what the instructions said. Mine is torn now though and the little washer they included is on top of the boot instead of under so the washer rattles like a mother. I need to take it out.

StngStr said:
normal. my UPR Blue Thunder shifter does the same thing. It's makes more noise if I leave my hand on the shifter. Weird.
I don't think it is actually making more noise the vibrations just go straight to you eardrum through your body from the shifter, just sounds like it to you. Not being an a$$, just thought........well, ya know

rubber

I had the same problem before. The ring broke through the rubber cover and the wring kept making a loud chattering noise. So i took that off. Also i took a portion of the rubber on the factory shifter and installed it between the part of the shifter you bolt on. I have almost no sound at all now.