Trick Flow Stage 2 cam?

• Sponsors (?)

Hmm may not be much help here...I run a stage 1 TF cam. See car and mods in sig. I have a nice idle, and gobs of low end torque. I spoke with the engine builder, and was told that the stage 2 cam from tf was a more strip cam than street. It could be ran on the street, but would move the powerband up, thus loosing some low end power.

hope that helps.

I'm running a stage 1 with 1.7 rockers. I was looking at the stage 2, but went with the 1 because I didn't want to lose low end (mainly street driven). So yes, I would suggest the stage 1 for daily drivers. It will improve your top end and midrange without losing much of the low end.

wild86stang said:
I'm running a stage 1 with 1.7 rockers. I was looking at the stage 2, but went with the 1 because I didn't want to lose low end (mainly street driven). So yes, I would suggest the stage 1 for daily drivers. It will improve your top end and midrange without losing much of the low end.

Just curious what H/C/I combo you have? (just curious because of the sig) And if you have any dyno numbers from it?

Well, my motor is apart right now, because it had a busted valve guide, so the heads got all new valve guides pressed in, and i needed a new intake valve, but it should be back together this weekend, w/ my new cam...I'm not sure what the old one was, but it was small...I'm hoping for 320+ rwhp, but we'll see

88Stang331 said:
Just curious what H/C/I combo you have? (just curious because of the sig) And if you have any dyno numbers from it?

T.F. Track Heat heads, T.F. 1.7 rockers, T.F. stage 1 cam, Edelbrock Performer intake, rebuilt stock '86 flattop bottom end. It runs strong, but I just finished it a few weeks ago and my dyno shop is booked for another couple of weeks. I plan on posting a thread in talk as soon as I have numbers.

88Stang331 said:
I was just curious because with the stock cam, edelbrock rpm performer II, and TFS T/W 185 CNC heads, 80MM Pro M MAF, and i'm only putting down 270rwhp, and 290rwtq.

Yea, I would try a T.F. stage 1 or 2 depending on your car's use and your rear end gearing. The stock cam is holding you back. Good choice of heads, if I had more money I would've gotten them.