trick flow top end kit

Bolt on 5.0

Founding Member
Jun 26, 2002
Suffolk, NY
Hi I did alot of research on the trick flow top end kit and am most likly going to buy it tomorrow after work. I am ef planning on supercharging in the near future and this kit looks like it will run well with a supercharged aplication.

My question is if in the future after I am running boost, will this cam and intake make enough power to stroke the lower end to 331 ci.

I dont think it will be necissary in the future but I am never satisfied and always want more. My concern is that the intake will not rev high enough to see gains with a 331. I am also concerned of keeping this combo streetable and not max power but street fun.

I do have to build this car to tear up my brothers ls1 though, thats a tough little car.

• Sponsors (?)

The kits are great and the price is hard to beat for what you get...
I can order the kits custom and get the other intakes and cams to better suit stroker combo's. I just got a kit with the R intake and Stage II cam, you can not order them custom through Summit if that is where you were going to order from.

I would look into the Stage II cam and the TrackHeat intake, if wilder plans are in the future you may want to go R intake.

The kits are great and the price is hard to beat for what you get...
I can order the kits custom and get the other intakes and cams to better suit stroker combo's. I just got a kit with the R intake and Stage II cam, you can not order them custom through Summit if that is where you were going to order from.

I would look into the Stage II cam and the TrackHeat intake, if wilder plans are in the future you may want to go R intake.

I agree with Rick, if you are like me, you'll want to go faster eal soon. I would purchase the stage II cam and the track heat intake if not the R intake. Stage II cams love boost and you will not be disappointed. The top end kits are really nice for na, but with boost....you might want to step up and then the 331 in the future will still be very happy. Only my 2 cents....

if you are looking to take down LS1's beef up the suspension and obliterate him on the hole shot. Ls1's are prone to mad wheel hop and tire spinning.

:scratch: How can a motor be prone to wheel hop and tire spin? I think you're assuming the LS1 is in a late model Camaro or Corvette. In case you haven't noticed, people cram those motors into anything and everything. He could be racing an LS1 fiesta for all we know. :rlaugh:

haha yeh the car is an '02 firebird ws6.

And Rick sounds good but I want to stick with a mild cam. But as for the intake will that trackheat have a large loss on the low end torque. That might be a real nice combo.

Buy the Trick Flow kit from Anderson Ford Motorsports, and substitute one of their proprietary B (boost) cams. Their pricing is competitive with Summit etc and you can add and subtract parts, or upgrade whatever you want. That is what I did and I could not be happier with the product and the Anderson Ford (Rick) service!!

if you are looking to take down LS1's beef up the suspension and obliterate him on the hole shot. Ls1's are prone to mad wheel hop and tire spinning.

:scratch: Like the ones that go 1.6 60 fts with bone stock suspension and 17" drag radials? I think you meant to say they're prone to having ****ty drivers with no clue what they're doing. Kinda like foxes.

Regardless of what you do for the top end you're not going to need the stroker. That's what they make different blower pulleys for. I'm guessing you're thinking blower. I would suggest s-trim or novi1000 and you will easily be able to push the limits of the stock block on low boost with the stock internals. There's no reason to put money into the internals when it's a ticking time bomb. Start at 6 psi, then 8 when you get bored, then 10. Then 12 and a good dyno tune and you'll be at 500rwhp.