Trick Flow Twisted Wedge Heads Cams and Intake NA Dyno Results

It is becoming very obvious as to why your car is not making any power for the mods you have and why it is so slow @ the track. You are reminding me of Chicken Little and that the sky is falling story.

I am not looking for them, but I know of more documented failed Cobra Crankshafts than the Cast Crankshaft. These Cobra crank failures are well documented on ModFords and Corral. I am talking failures where the Crankshaft is the culprit, not something else that leads to the Crankshaft failing. There is some engine failures blamed on the cast crank that was actually something else that failed first causing the cast crank to fail.

The Cobra Crank failures were on cars making under 1000 HP and spun under 8000 RPM. I am not saying the Cobra Crank is not superior to the Cast Crank because it is. In a car that sees over 7500 RPM with a manual transmission( over 8000 RPM with an auto transmission ), I would rather have the Cobra Crank than the Cast one. Up to that point, the cast crank is the better option especially for street use. The cast crank weighs less which means it will make more power, it will RPM quicker and the engine will live a long life if properly balanced and tuned.

• Sponsors (?)

Lol. Theres actually real life reasons for my times. Im in a vert that weighs almost 4k lbs with me in it, crappy tires, and hot humid day. I couldn't get traction for crap kept spinning all the way through first and the begining of second and ran 2 mid 14 sec runs. I got pissed and decided to take off from an idle (2.3sec 60 ft)and hit the 13.7 @ 104 which im very happy with. 104 mph lets me know im makin good power with just just bolt-ons and tune. The power im makin is good for a 13.0-13.2 just got to shed some weight and get some good tires and a good launch. Oh and this was also the first and only time ive taken my 3V vert daily driver to the track so far. Also have stock gears. I want 4.10s but i am going turbo so im keeping the stockers.

I am not looking for them, but I know of more documented failed Cobra Crankshafts than the Cast Crankshaft. These Cobra crank failures are well documented on ModFords and Corral. I am talking failures where the Crankshaft is the culprit, not something else that leads to the Crankshaft failing. There is some engine failures blamed on the cast crank that was actually something else that failed first causing the cast crank to fail.
I agree. Thats because people tend to take it easier on the stock crank and most high rev high hp stangs see the forged cobra crank. So the cobra crank is taking way more abuse on a larger scale.

I believe the cast crank can handle more than people give it credit for, but over building is ALWAYS better. My shortblock can take 850 or so, but i wouldn't build it the same way if i actually wanted to run 800+. Do the same for the crank. If you're hitting 7200+ and 650hp+ then everything else in the engine is likely pretty expensive, not worth defending the cast crank's case when a used forged crank can be had for $150-250