Which heads are better for my combo?

• TrickFlow Twisted Wedge

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • The New Edelbrocks

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

Green 94 5.0 said:
if you want a mild cam that will idle well and make good power, as well as not completely pissing off the computer, the stage 1 is the right choice. to go with the heads, you will nead an upper intake gasket, felpro1250 lower intake gaskets, felpro1011-2 headgaskets, a set of fox body valve covers, and a set of stud mount 1.6 rockers. for the cam swap, you will need a water pump gasket, a timing cover gasket, and i would recommend a new timing chain while you have it all apart.

Do you have timeslips to show yet? Just curious due to the fact that I'm going to do the small loan if and when a rebuild hits (rebuilding my credit after the divorce... sigh)... and heads and a cam are going to be in that equation.

I have the edelbrocks and i love them. I still have the stock cam. All i needed was gaskets for the swap, i didnt need longer pushrods or stud mount rockers. I had a set of crane cobra 1.7's that i used. Im going to be swapping the cam in 2 weeks to a xe270hr-12.

yes I have some timeslips. I ran a 14.9 at almost 94 mph. I didn't have the msd box, the headers or the bassani mufflers on. I was also having problems with my car. Check out my website and it will explain more.

SuperDust22 said:
about how much am I looking at for all of this? And can I just go to the junkyard and get some fox body vavle covers?

upper intake gasket - $5
lower intake gaskets - $20
headgaskets - $60
timing chain - $70
timing cover gasket - $5
scorpion 1.6 stud mount rockers - $200

that is a rough estimation going by what i paid for it all.

SuperDust22 said:
yes I have some timeslips. I ran a 14.9 at almost 94 mph. I didn't have the msd box, the headers or the bassani mufflers on. I was also having problems with my car. Check out my website and it will explain more.

I was actually asking about timeslips with and without the heads to Green 94 5.0 but nice to see yours too I guess. :D

gcomfx.com said:
Do you have timeslips to show yet? Just curious due to the fact that I'm going to do the small loan if and when a rebuild hits (rebuilding my credit after the divorce... sigh)... and heads and a cam are going to be in that equation.
i dont have any timeslips yet, but the guy who i bought my entire combo from went 13.2 on the motor alone. i would imagine i would be near that, but i honestly cant say for sure. if the heads werent ported as much as they are, im sure the n/a times would be better than that. he did all the porting to accomodate the 175hp nitrous kit.

Rog, is this the part?
Reply quickly so I can order it.
RC

attachment.php