Trickflow R Box intake

TurboSnake95

Founding Member
Mar 15, 2002
Spanaway, Washington
Anyone running a Trickflow R Box intake? If so what hood are you using?

I just installed mine and the front of the intake touches my hood, which has a 3" cowl :eek: Hood still closes but pushes on the hood a little.

Will have to cut the inner liner out of the hood, or at least notch it a little where the front of the intake touches. didn't see this coming :(

Also anyone know a link to a step by step process for moving the fuse box into the fender well?

Thank you,

William

• Sponsors (?)

That's why I didn't go with the box intake. Imagine it on a 351, I'd probably need a 4" or 5" cowl hood. :eek:

On the fuse box, unplug everything that needs unplugged, move it, then plug everything back in. ;) I know, probably not very helpful.... I think I bolted mine to the horn bracket. I have a pic somewhere, I'll find it later when I get some time.

I had to extend the alternator wire, and I ran it along the sway bar under the frame rail. I may have had to extend the starter wire too, but I can't remember.

Here you go. The battery wire didn't work too well like that so I have since ran a larger wire straight to the starter.

100_1425.JPG

Attachments

• 100_1425.JPG
    100_1425.JPG
    407.9 KB · Views: 41
It depends on the hood manufactuer. A 1.5" cowl hood from HO Fibertrends would have cleared the TFS Box intake on my car, and the engine is not lowered at all. I opted for a 2.5" just for the better look.

You need to speak the hood manufacteur and ask them what measurements you will need to take for their hood clearances.