Trickflow Twisted Wedge Heads and Eddy RPM II Intake?

I'm getting pretty close to finally purchasing a heads, cam and intake. I'm going to be keeping this on the stock shortblock for the time being so I've decided to go with the Trickflow Twisted Wedge heads (AFR 185's won't fit :( ). Since the original motor has just over 150K I figure the whole kit with the new timing set, bolts, gaskets, valve covers, and all the stuff would be my a good idea to freshen things up on the top end.

I'm not, however, to fond of the street heat intake (Summit will switch it out of the kit for another intake if I choose to). With the trickflow heads and trickflow stage 1 cam, how do you guys think the Edelbrock RPM II will do? The track heat kit isn't really an option because of emissions in California and I think the RPM II will give far superior performance than the TF street heat.

When it comes to the car, I live and die by you guys so before this big purchase I'd like to get all the thoughts and opinions possible. Thank you.
- Justin

• Sponsors (?)

I'm interested in others thoughts on this, too.

From what I've read and heard, it seems as though the RPM II is usually associated with 331 and 347 strokers. The rpm range would be higher than the street heat intake for sure which probably means it makes its power at higher rpms and gives up some at lower rpms.

You might take a power loss in the early rpms, but if you go stroker with the bottom end down the road, the RPM II would probably be an excellent choice.

Everyone keeps talking about losing bottom end. I get the whole idea behind losing velocity and all of that...I just can't really see having a huge loss like everyone makes it sound. I'd really like to see a dyno that proves this with the same motor and two different intakes. I hear a lot of talk but not much proof.

Hi Justin :D

All info here is NA and not geared toward big strokers

The rpmII is to Edelbrock what the Track heat is to TFS

Or put another way ... it is the mid length runner upper.

A rule of thumb on runner length is:
long for good low end but soft top end ... mild street combo application
short for good top end but soft low end ... more race than street application

All the various mid length uppers give a bit of each ... one could say :)

I run the Edel RPM which was the first mid length runner upper they offered
and it has worked out pretty well for me.

To offset the soft low end ... I used Cam, LT's, Pulleys, and Tune ;)

You are looking for a way to relate ... I really understand you here
but
You are not gonna get much of an idea until you compare many combos
and
That is not all that easy :bang:
cause
Its really hard to find data that is not skewed in one way or the other :(

Grady