tried and true 12's

cobra dave

Sep 1, 2003
97 cobra........bassani mid, flows, k&n all the basics. Staying natural i would like to hit mid 12's. My questions is to the fellas reading this THAT ARE IN THE 12'S AND LOWER, what are your tried and true add/bolt-on's that got you there. I could write a list a quarter mile long of chit that would get me there i just want to hear it from the experienced. Appreciate it!

• Sponsors (?)

gears will help substantially. For the track, 4.30's would be best. 4.30's combined with slicks or DR's would rocket you out of the hole, and with good traction, would yeild very good gains.

cobra dave said:
yeah gears are a given its my daily so 30's are a little tall, but even w/4.10's and dr's you seriously think i can expect 12's?

Gears, intake/MAF, full exhaust, and DR's/Slicks should get you there if you cut a good '60. Every Cobra is different though. Some guys trap 104mph stock, and others trap that with a slew of bolt ons. If your Cobra is running strong, then you shouldn't have much to worry about.

See Sig...I should be faster with my 4.30's that I have to install and when I get a tune to lean out the car from the headers...

4.10's are tough at the track though, they make you shift into 4th right before the finish line and that can kill your ET and MPH...

cobra dave said:
yeah gears are a given its my daily so 30's are a little tall, but even w/4.10's and dr's you seriously think i can expect 12's?

4.30's are NOT too much gear for a 4V N/A Cobra.
Drive one with 4.30's & you'll be considering 4.56's... :D