Tried to Seafoam my car...barely runs now...HELP

GToddyT5

Founding Member
Jan 14, 2002
Hamilton, NJ
Yesterday I decided it would be a good time to Seafoam my car and then change the oil. So I pulled the hose off of the PCV (car would barely stay alive at this point), stuck a straw on there and sucked in a little Seafoam. The car died. Then I started it up again and sucked in a little more and it died again. In total, I didn't use more than 1/8 of the can. So then I drive it to Strauss and grab some oil after letting it sit for a little bit. It was fairly normal. So then I got a case of Mobil 1 10w-30 and a quart of synthetic Lucas as well as a filter. I changed my oil and the car was running OK. Then later in the day, it can't hold an idle without stalling. It's been like that ever since. I tried taking the batt cable off and resetting the computer. It hasn't helped, I've had to drive around revving it at stoplights to keep it from stalling. What happened????

• Sponsors (?)

Yesterday I decided it would be a good time to Seafoam my car and then change the oil. So I pulled the hose off of the PCV (car would barely stay alive at this point), stuck a straw on there and sucked in a little Seafoam. The car died. Then I started it up again and sucked in a little more and it died again. In total, I didn't use more than 1/8 of the can. So then I drive it to Strauss and grab some oil after letting it sit for a little bit. It was fairly normal. So then I got a case of Mobil 1 10w-30 and a quart of synthetic Lucas as well as a filter. I changed my oil and the car was running OK. Then later in the day, it can't hold an idle without stalling. It's been like that ever since. I tried taking the batt cable off and resetting the computer. It hasn't helped, I've had to drive around revving it at stoplights to keep it from stalling. What happened????
Maybe the PCV hose bung got lubricated from spilt SeaFoam and it popped off during driving?