Trouble starting engine when warm?

escudolm

Sep 6, 2002
Recently my car will hesitate and stall, when I try to start the car after its been warmed up. Its starts fine, when its been sitting for a while, but will have trouble starting back up, right after you turn if off. Now it does it more often and is starting to backfire. I had the battery and alternator checked, and I need to replace them. But would that cause the backfire? I know I need new spark plugs also. Couldnt find any old threads about warm starting issues.

• Sponsors (?)

Is your engine cooling correctly, the hotter the engine the richer the exhaust is gonna be, could explain he back-fire condition; also a malfunctioning EGR valve, bad ignition timing, vacum leak around the intake manifold. These are according to the Haynes Manual, that would be wise to buy one. 1. Clean Air Filter. 2. Change spark plugs. .054 N/A 3. Check for Vacum leaks. Butane gas from lighter would make the RPMs jump if there is a leak. 4. Check for a vapor lock situation caused by a clogged fuel filter and vent lines from fuel tank. 5. Make sure your COP boots are insulating well after you change your spark plugs.

I checked the air filter, and its fine. The fuel filter was replaced about 1000 miles ago. The car is nearing the 93K mile mark, and I've never replaced any major componet. But I am going to have the spark plugs done and the fuel injectors cleaned. Hope that fixes any problems, if not, gonna have to do a bunch of tests. Thannks.

Oh, yea, you gotta reccomend seafoaming the engine. Sorry, I couldn't be of much help. But, still, change your fuel filter often, you would be surprised how much dirt is actually in the gas station's gas. There is an OBD 2 USB cable you can buy for a Lap top, and the program is about 10-20 dollars tells you all you need to know. Compared to the 150-200 dollar hand held. "Demon"