"True" X-Pipes

va01gtstang

Apr 28, 2005
Can someone please list all the "true" X-Pipes that are made for Long Tubes and tell me which one would have the best tone when used with Flowmasters (I have a MAC CB now but I like the Flowmaster tone better). I was to get a UPR or Dr.Gas but I wasn't sure if they amde it for LT's. thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

SLP makes a true-x for lt's.. but it sounds horrid with flowmasters.

I just put the x-pipe on last night, but have yet to get the catback that i'll be going with.. so for now i've got 2-chamber flowmasters and it sounds awful :puke:

x with flows sounded so good on the lift..... then i put it on the ground..... barf. you get a horrid sund reverberation from the concrete back to the car. on anxwith flows the air moecules are just bouncing off metal plates like a illion tiny bb's pinging off your pipes. i hated it so much i ripped my x off after 110 miles. id youre gonna do an x pipe ake sure you have 'normal' muffles with a packig or at least those slits that trap the high sound. there was nothing to absorb th nasting baaaanginginging ing sound. it soulded lie a broken dragster and a honda in a crash. there is a cobra and a mack one with bassanis around here and they sound like heaven. im just selling my x for a catted h i was so disgusted.

My thoughts are a UPR X and Mac catback for my setup.

Get the rhaspyness of an X when you jump on it, but cruising and idle, normal acceleration should give a nice chambered sound.

svttech76 said:
the x pipe with flows is a little raspy but I would not say it sounds bad. what sounds good is a very subjective thing... personally I really like the sound of 2 chambers with a x-pipe.
I agree the exhaust topic is very subjective indeed Mike.
I'm with you I also like the sound of the Bassani X pipe
with two chamber Flowmasters.
:nice:

Pennywise2 said:
I agree the exhaust topic is very subjective indeed Mike.
I'm with you I also like the sound of the Bassani X pipe
with two chamber Flowmasters.
:nice:

The first time I heard a off road X with 2 chambers was back in early 90's or so on ... it sounded so F-ing bad ass compared to the catted h's I was used too.told myself if I ever switch camps and get a mustang I will get a off road x and flows.