TrueTrac/Girdle/Gears/Tune Revisited...

Much to my dismay, I had to delay beefing up the rear end and getting a tune as a result of a lack of 06 SCT tunes in this area. The parts have sat in my apartment for weeks now....

However, I convinced Excessive Motorsports to purchase the 06 tunes, and on Friday Dec 9 (have to wait until after my Contracts exam on the 8th), I am getting the following installed: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

• Detroit True Trac
  • 3.73 Ford Racing Gears (Rygen twisted my arm)
  • Girdle
  • MMR CAI
  • SCT XCAL 2 Custom Tunes w/Dyno runs

Man, this is going to be the longest 11 days ever...

I will post the Dyno sheet when I get it, but only if SCRMING, FAZM, and JIMP promise not to laugh! :hail2:

You either Rygen! Or I will tell everyone how that Trans Am smoked you! Oooops.... :D

Let me give myself a :Zip2:

Oh, and do you guys know that Rygen has got his eye on a SC or TC for his Chrstmas present to himself? Man, no keeping up with that guy! Is it MSP's influence... Or is he looking to have a rematch with the Trans Am.... Hmm.....:rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

Awesome dude, what did excessive quote you for the install. You are really going for the big bang. Did you get the panhard relocation bracket; you will need it when you put the girdle on? There is a cost associated with that. What kind of custom tunes did you get with it. I can't wait to see the dyno sheets on your ride!!!! My tune is still the basic performance tune from Diablo, but I have decided to switch to SCT....there are no Diablo shops near us and I need a professional dyno tune done.

As for that Trans-am, I gave him the thumbs up; I knew he would smoke me. As for a TC or SC, they all know, I created a post on it here and the other places I frequent. As for keeping up, it is Jimp and Scrming you have to worry about. Jimps got a remote bottle opener on the way, bottle heater and purge kit. Just look at his signature, it keeps getting longer and longer. Also, Scrming got to ride in Mike’s turbo 11sec V6, and his shirt was probably wet with drool once he got out of it. Others think he will go for that before a SC so he can keep his Zex. There is a bet pool going on informally on the subject if you are interested.

Anyway, I can’t wait to see how your car turns out after this.

PS: I will smoke that friggin Trans-Am when I’m done with my car!

I think that Excessive does Diablo dyno tunes. They told me that they could get me a Diablo now but once I mentined that Springfield had the 06 codes, and Excessive bought them right away!!! Their number is 703-331-1422 if you are interested. I will PM you with the cost. Man, I can't wait! I have had 5K miles stock, and loved it! I can't imagine what she will be like modded! And after the headers and exhaust next year? Actually, I think I will do the Zex thing after 10K miles. Don't let me drive your turbo... ever!

So, who is going to buy a G-Tech? After I get this stuff set up, I will be itching to know my 0-60...

Excepcion13 said:
I think that Excessive does Diablo dyno tunes. They told me that they could get me a Diablo now but once I mentined that Springfield had the 06 codes, and Excessive bought them right away!!! Their number is 703-331-1422 if you are interested. I will PM you with the cost. Man, I can't wait! I have had 5K miles stock, and loved it! I can't imagine what she will be like modded! And after the headers and exhaust next year? Actually, I think I will do the Zex thing after 10K miles. Don't let me drive your turbo... ever!

So, who is going to buy a G-Tech? After I get this stuff set up, I will be itching to know my 0-60...

Cool! Yea, I will call Excessive. We missed the last day of race season at MIR, so I will have to wait for my 1/4 mile times.

Cool man ! I can't wait to see the numbers either. Pretty much the same setup now - You are going to be smiling for hours after your first run in the rebuilt rear and tune. AND trust me you won't be able to hold off stomping on it before the end of the day :banana:

I was looking at doing the tuneable induction CAI , but am teetering on whether or not to get it and have it dynoed again , if I'm dropping the s/c into it within the next 4 months or so.....

Best of luck and try not counting the days too much:bang: It'll get here

Why would i laugh? i dont have any dyno numbers on my car :p i just have 7 timeslips in the 14s lol As soon as the track opens back up again (this week) ill probably make another couple runs now that its finally stopped hitting 85 during the day. I think some 50 degree runs should get me that 14.69 im lookin for.

Do you have an auto or a manual? Either way that setup should get you into the 14s, possibley some 14.5 runs if you have an auto and are quite good :)