trunk tension rods, are they hard to replace? Where to find em

• Sponsors (?)

I've never installed a set on a fox but I have on other cars, they aren't that fun. I just pulled mine out of my coupe, that was easy. If you weren't so far away I'd let you have em.:D

i think with some fabrication of brackets and some very careful measuring that hood struts can be modified for this application... they're missing on my coupe as well... maybe someone else can chime in who has done it

check these out, they seem like they might be too long, i just can't find the site i saw the other ones on that were much shorter

Redline Tuning Quicklift Elite Mustang Hood Struts (79-98)

yes you can use the springs from a vert.i have them in my notch because i had a speaker box in the trunk and i removed them.search here for guys parting out verts or try ebay. phil

There's a company that makes a strut lift setup for the trunk that's just like the hood setups..no modification necessary and it's only like $70. I'll try to dig out the ad in my mags and get a name.

1013_l.gif

BOTTLFEDTrunkLift007-vi.jpg

Trunkpics012-vi.jpg

Attachments

• 1013_l.gif
    1013_l.gif
    25.3 KB · Views: 199
  • BOTTLFEDTrunkLift007-vi.jpg
    BOTTLFEDTrunkLift007-vi.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 266
  • Trunkpics012-vi.jpg
    Trunkpics012-vi.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 261
I think they are biotch to get in. I've never messed with them, but my Dad said they used to in the 80's and 90's at the body shop. He said some cars were easy, some wre tough.

Go with that kit above. That thing is badass.