Trying to decide between 2 different types of Wheels - HELP

smp4502004

Feb 1, 2010
I have a 2003 Black Mustang GT Vert, and I am trying to get some new wheels for it, but can't decide between 2 different wheels. I really like the 18" Black FR500s with 18x9 in front and 18x10 in back, then I also just saw some 18" Black 10th Anniversary Cobra wheels that I really liked as wheel with the same setup front and back as the FR500s.

Let me know what you guys think, thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

I personally prefer the look of the FR500's. I don't like the 10th anniversary wheels at all, although they do look nice on fox bodies. Also, I'm not a big fan of black wheels on a black car. Silver, polished, and hypercoated look best on black IMOP.

May as well take this opportunity to whore my car... 18x9/10" silver FR500's.

P6026662.jpg

P6026677.jpg

I have the black anny's on mine. I have a white car an it helped break up the bland white scheme.

At the local car shows every one else has fr500 so I went with these.

Black rims can often look good on light colored cars and even on some darker colored cars, but I don't think black rims belong on a black car at all.

I vote 18X9 real FRPP Black FR500's all around. :nice:

IMOP FR500's only look good if you get the staggered set that have the deep dish rears. I've seen 18x9's at all 4 corners and something about it just doesn't look right.

FR500's only look good if you get the staggered set that have the deep dish rears. I've seen 18x9's at all 4 corners and something about it just doesn't look right.
Opinions on wheels are very subjective.I would prefer to have
18X9 FR500's all around because you can rotate them and not
have to replace all your tires sooner.

Opinions on wheels are very subjective.I would prefer to have 18X9 FR500's all around because you can rotate them and not
have to replace all your tires sooner.

Opinions are very subjective, but don't forget the OP asked for opinions. While it is more practical to have the same size wheel on all 4 corners, I myself along with others on this site don't think FR500's look that great unless the rears are DD. There are some wheels (03-04 cobra, Saleen, Cobra R, etc..) that look great when all 4 are the same size, just not the FR500's.

Silver 17x9,17x10.5 FR500's and dont look bad IMO 18's look too big on our cars but thats just my opinion

17x9/10.5 look great too :nice: You also have the added benefit of less expensive tires. I certainly am not looking forward to buying new tires on my 18x9/10's.