trying to install factory hood scoop on 99 gt

aparker813

Aug 30, 2005
and i found one thing about it on mustang world's how-to but it really doesnt help at all, none of it seems right. anyone else have any helpful links on this? its the factory non-scooped on there now

• Sponsors (?)

Did it come with a template or a diagram or anything? If so, use that for guidance and maybe search google. This topic is one that hasn't come up much on Stangnet. Also, how much you get it for and is it painted?

Yeah it has come up before. Put some dabs of grease on the studs and set it in place. When you remove it the grease will show you where to drill. Other techniques have been posted also. A body shop would not charge much to install.

I don't remember exactly how I did mine it was 2 years ago. I found measurements somewhere to go off of. I also went to a dealer and measured the distance between the back of the scoop and the hood and then the distance on the sides at the front and the back. My best advise is to take your time and make sure it looks right to you because once you drill there is no going back.