TSB free of charge only if car still under factory warranty??

• Sponsors (?)

They can. I had a car with a TSB and by the time it became an issue and I took it to the dealer, I was told if the dealer fixed it, it would cost me. Some people have said they talked the dealer into not charging them, I don't know for sure. Doesn't hurt to ask though.

a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) usually has a limitation on warranty repair coverage. The TSB will normally state what the warranty limitations are. Whether or not the dealer would cover the repair depends on a lot of variables; Dealer participation, service history, and product commitment. Usually when a TSB is performed outside of the warranty limitations, is due to a Goodwill gesture approved by the dealer and Ford.

I hope this helped a little. I work for a dealership as a Service Advisor. I would usually recommend that we diagnose the concern first, and not be quick to think a TSB would cure our concern.

I used to work for Ford and learned That if you bought the car New and Return to your Selling Dealership, you may be able to get it fix under a Customer Goodwill Program (free)