TSB's 06-9-9 (hesitation) & 07-18-2 (clunk)

Hello All,
I haven't posted here in a while but wanted to let you know my experience with the fixes for my '06 Mustang GT. I had the perverbial front suspension clunk that would show up at low speeds and bumpy road. Not your typical tire road noise or ball joint problems, rather the noise was from up top. It would clunk easily and really bad at slow speeds and at it's worst with a road that was like a wash board. After 3 visits (to different dealerships) with 1 saying it was normal and 2 others replacing the sway bar link (yes, it was replaced twice by 2 different dealers), I finally found a dealer that would listen and knew about TSB 07-18-2. Without any grief, they replaced both upper strut bushings and the noise went away. Wow, what a difference..! The way it should have always been and I'm not sure what Ford was thinking knowing the problem for 3 years before the TSB. No more clunking at low speeds and it almost seems like a different car. Stock suspension by the way..
The other issue was the hesitation that many have experienced after a long, constant speed cruise. My trip to work is 30 miles and was long enough to where I was experiencing this problem almost daily. After getting a really nasty hesitation at the light after coming off the highway, I realized then that I might be able to reproduce the problem. On the way home, with my trip almost over and the highway exit about 1 mile ahead, I flipped into 4th gear and nailed it. Sure enough, major hesitation until it cleared it's throat, then smooth again. It was a 1-2 second hiccup, then smooth. Ever since then, I would do this on purpose on the highway so as not have the hesitation happen while at the light and get rear-ended..! No lights would trip on the dash, just a really annoying hiccup with a problem that I know, for sure, is not normal. Same dealership as above, they knew about TSB 06-9-9 and replaced the fuel pump. We'll see if this is the fix.. Hope so, as this is very embarrassing (and frustrating)...
Here's a plug for the dealership: Ford Montrose located in Fairlawn, OH. The best Ford dealership that I've found in the Northeast Ohio area.. Very professional and none of the usual reverse "blame the customer" stuff that you typically get. My work was all done under warranty.

Regards,
Ron

'06 GT, 5 Speed
All Stock

• Sponsors (?)