tubroford&svoca

well guys why is it these people so difficult to deal with
tubroford wont let me join because of aol
I recentally found svoca joined them said hi and the adminstrator basically told me to go to tubroford and locked my thread i started another one where i did get a little smart and asked why another guy was welcomed with the basically the same thing just an89 hatch instead of an 80 coupe that i got
just needed to vent any opinions??? on this crap :shrug: :bs:
oh and i got an 80 coupe with an 86 svo motor im putting together

• Sponsors (?)

You have no idea of the politics of either of these places, so you can't expect to be welcome when you are a walking taboo in their eyes. First of all, SVOCA is for the preservation of SVOs in all manifestations. They would say that yanking an SVO engine to put in some random 80s mustang is a horrible thing to do because it does not preserve the SVO. Not everyone may agree, but this is what they beleive, and it is clearly stated in everything when you sign up and make your first post. Is it that hard to read the rules? I am not a member, and there is good reason for it.
Turboford simply requires an account that isn't with hotmail, aol, ect. Business or school email accounts work fine.

Elitist pigs...
Just kidding. I belong to Turboford, and I have no turbo...not yet anyway :D .

If an SVOCA member wrecks his 'vo do they tar and feather him then part out the carcass? Then bar him for life? Maybe they give his consciousness to the Egyptian Soul-Eater after they weigh his heart in the balance and find him wanting?
I'm not James Lileks, I just want to be...

now that im not ill i do understand to an extent but to immedntally block me and then theguy with the 89 is invited to drop by the very same guys house that locked me out really dont seem fair
and as far as tubroford why do i need to setup another email address just to join them id never use it for anythin else seems like a waste of someones space to me ??

67efivert said:
and as far as tubroford why do i need to setup another email address just to join them id never use it for anythin else seems like a waste of someones space to me ??

They just want a non-free account to cut down on spammers...an email address that can be tracked to a tangible being, not some untrackable internet bully...

The have problems with Aol bouncing emails back at the turboford server. Its not that they are picking on you, just got to ante-up if you want the rights to post.

Besides, its best to surf the board and use the search engine without posting. 99% of the time the answer has already been answerd.

Ps: welcome to the turboford community ;)

Stinger said:
They just want a non-free account to cut down on spammers...an email address that can be tracked to a tangible being, not some untrackable internet bully...

and the email I used to sign up to TF was given to me buy my ISP, huntel.net.

check them out they do more than internet services.