Tune

2011Tripleblack

May 20, 2013
NJ
I'm a new member and new owner of a 2011 GT. The factory tune seems to have a hesitation or "flat spot" right after the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts when driving normally. Another annoyance, is that unless I stomp the gas, the trans doesn't downshift as fast as I'd like it to and lugs the engine.

I'm definitely a hands on guy. Do you recommend a $500.00 dyno tune or a re-usable $370.00 self tune with a flash tuner.

If the answer is a flash tuner, then which one do you recommend? Some come with standard tunes, and a few come with standard tunes plus one custom tune. Is the custom tune worth it? Will my issues be solved with any of these?
Thanks.
Joe

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know about Autos but AmericanMuscle.com tunes are ok other than they tend to run the engine pretty rich. I've heard if you want a quality tune you want to go to Jon Lund. He seems to be the guru since everyone I've talked to recommends him.

With the auto in the 2013, I obtained a street tune from BAMA. The issues you mention were resolved as a result. There will always be some lag with the auto needing to downshift, but with the tune it is quite minimal. The tune also firms up the shifts, so you will chirp in 3rd.

We can write a tune for you ... Gus is a tuning guru as well. Here is what SCT had to say about our tune on the 2011 Mustang:

"SCT has seen the highest horsepower and torque results while using Steeda's Cold Air Kit, over any other brand." - Chris Johnson, President of SCT Performance

Let me know if I can help get you a tune and tuner.

Also, we have had 0 issues in regards to warranty claims or engine failures when our tune has been installed on a consumers car.

Best Regards,

TJ