Tune?

• Sponsors (?)

Your launch is too high. What are your shift points. Going through the traps in 4th at 5000 is hardly done. The rev limiter on a stock EEC is 6200 or so. You should be shifting around 5200 to 5400launch

If you are going to race regularly you should start making a journal. Things to include are

Air temp
Tire pressure
Timing
launch rpm'
shift rpm
trap speed
60 , 1/8 and 1/4 time
1/4 MPH

Rule number one, its usually not the track. It almost always has more to do with your suspension or power management.
You certainly should not change the gears. One trip to the track does not warrant making any big changes. You need to get the car to hook first before you start throwing parts at it. With a better 60' you have a solid 12 second car. One tenth faster in the 60' is worth 2 tenths up top. What suspension work is done to the car?

Rule 2, stay off the factory rev limiter! It pulls fuel and leans your motor out. This can do serious engine damage under a load. Ask me how I know this lol

Reactions: 1 user
What type of control arms? what shape are the bushings in? Shocks? Have you checked or set the pinion angle? Torque box reinforcements? Sub frame connectors? The lowerings springs aren't helping a bit either. Let's back up for a second here and start with getting the car to go down the track with the power you already have!

What type of control arms? what shape are the bushings in? Shocks? Have you checked or set the pinion angle? Torque box reinforcements? Sub frame connectors? The lowerings springs aren't helping a bit either. Let's back up for a second here and start with getting the car to go down the track with the power you already have!
Bbk control arms polyurethane , does have subframe connectors. What psi can I bring the mt drag radial Down to ?

I usually have most people start at 18psi and make small changes from there (my car works best at 16 1/2). Do you have double adjustable upper control arms for the rear? Lowering the car changes the geometry of the suspension and also changes the pinion angle. This is what I would check first.

What kind of struts /springs and shocks are you running?Because some of that aftermarket stuff like lowering springs and Bbk parts are for better handling and road racing not for planting the tires and hooking up on the drag strip. Also i think your problem is suspension plus your launch is too high ...try 4000 rpm and shift at 5000/5200