Tunes and emissions testing

jpplaw

Jan 14, 2009
A Question for the Tuners out there:
I know this has been beat to death before but I can't seem to find the answer I am looking for...does anyone know what parameters that can be changed in a sct tune that will keep the readiness monitors from going ready? I mean other than turning the rear O2's off, that one is obvious.

With my emissions tune, "evap" has gone ready but O2, heated O2 and Cat will not go ready, even though I've driven hundreds of miles. No codes showing on my OBD2 scanner.

I am told the rear O2's are turned on. H-pipe and cats are stock.

• Sponsors (?)

To "ready" the monitors the vehicle must be driven at threee speed levels, 0-20, 20-40, and 40-up. About 30 miles or so. If they're not going ready then they must be turned off. Either way you can not turn them on or off through the handheld.

Thanks, Sparta. I know the handheld won't do anything in regard to the monitors.

My tuner (see my sig) keeps telling me that the rear O2's are turned on in the tune and "thats all we can do for emissions". I am not so sure that is an accurate statement, because it isn't working.

Looking at other forums, there seems to be some other settings that affect the montors besides the rear O2's. But nobody ever says what they are.

I've driven hundreds of miles, all speed ranges, and the only emissions monitor that will go ready is "evap". This is puzzling me, because all my research shows that "evap" is the hardest one to get to go ready.

There must be some people on this forum that do actual tuning, for instance by using SCT's "Pro Racer" or "Advantage" software, that know what else affects the monitors.

Anybody?