Tuning advise, please ...

We have the 347 in #1 son's 5/speed car ... dyno run was <300rwhp. She was loosing everything around 4000 rpm and was oil wet on driver side plugs. :notnice:

Fixed the oil problem with 2nd pcv valve and air/fluid seperator. BTW - this suprisingly also seemed to stabilize the fluttering vacuum readings a bit.

>>> Today plugs are dry, yet look more brown-ish that clean/lean - - - opinions? <<<

Engine info: (CHP forged bottom, Edelbrock Vic Jr's, Isky Grind type: RR-284/294 hydraulic ... Valve lift int.Ex .544/.573 ... Advance duration int. Ex 284 degrees / 294 degrees, using 24lb injectors, BBK SSI intake and shortie headers/FMaster & dumps)

Three questions: any suggestion on timing, fuel pressure and... (coding/34) should we do EGR delete or simply fix this valve issue?

Thanks guys!

• Sponsors (?)

As for the 34 EGR code. Unless you have a tuner or chip of some kind there is no way to properly delete the EGR function as it needs to be turned off in the computer. I think that the best solution for the time being would be to fix the EGR issue until you can delete it properly. As for the timing question, i would set it to 12° and forget it for the time being. You probably wont have any problems running 12° and at this point you want to just get a good baseline with everything working as it should. Once that is all good...then you should start bumping the timing up to 14-16°. As for the fuel pressure i would start off with the stock setting of 39psi vac off...and go from there. You said you were running 24# injectors and im assuming that you are running at matching MAF. What about the fuel pump? I'm also assuming that you are running an Adj. Fuel Press reg or you wouldnt have asked the fuel pressure question.

What exactly happened on the dyno when it started to break up. What were the air fuel ratios at that point and what were the timing and fuel pressure settings? give us as much info as possible so we can try to help you out.