Tuning help needed

Flavadave4

Nov 28, 2003
Utica, NY
I posted this in the tech section but very little responce, i know there is alot more traffic over here and someone has to know something:rolleyes:

I finished installing a set of Thumper heads, Tmoss Intake, TFS1 cam........The car seemed to like 13* of base timing before the swap, last night i kept adjusting it by one degree with little luck (before you ask...yes i had the engine warm and spout out) no knocks or pings.
Plugged in the scan tool and checked for codes, only one regaurding the canister. Tool said to set timing at 20* base.......I did, no knonks or pings. Idle is smooth, cam sounds great but get out on the street and it feels like it lost a little bit down low, pulls about the same through the mid range and fades away up top.

3.73's with a 5 speed.....it has always had good low end, I feel like i have lost the torque which sucks cause that what i want MORE of.

The cam was installed 2* advanced as instructed by Thumper.
I think i might be running out of fuel when i mash the pedal, I am still using the stock throttle body, MAF and injectors. Do you think I should get an adjustable pressure regulator and gauge so i can make sure i am getting enough fuel pressure. Could i be choking the combo with the stock TB and MAF?

I dont expect to be pulling wheelies or running 11's...............
Like i said it seems to run good, but its just missing somthing

No codes came up for the ACT sensor but it looked nasty....I cleaned it up and stuck it back in. I am wondering if it is screwing my A/F ratio?

• Sponsors (?)