Roush tuning opinions...

• Sponsors (?)

I would not recomnd usuing diablo software it has problems with the ford software and the idel, ive used both sct and diablo and im strongly recomending not using the diablo software, if you dont belive me call acfuab or check there website, www.acfuab.com, they have built numerous mustangs and mustang tb's, and are very very aware of this problem with saleen/mustangs and diablo software, please take my advice and at least check with acfuab before you waste $500.

and as far as an 11.90 with a saleen blowers lets see some proof, untill then im calling b/s

definitly not bs, i believe disco when he says he has and i did see his video. Also, i ran 12.07 with my s4 with a cheap mac cai, t/b, and x pipe...11.90 should be a realistic goal with my mods 2 weeks from now...i will be going to the track to test them out and will let everyone know

and that link goes nowhere...

i was refering to the series I-II, and ya the series IV-V are ok blowers, if you want a real blower you need one of these
92124.jpg

best thing i ever did to my saleen, and ive never looked back

do you still have a stock bottom end and what are your numbers

Well i saw your video. Thing moves pretty good. You need some headers and a catback forr sure. Makes me wish i took my saleen to the track. I probably would have been right around your times:bang:

i honestly think my o/r x pipe and intake are my best mods, i dont think im feeling the gears yet b/c ive only drove a couple miles on them n traction is horrible...o yeah my tranny started to grind to going into 3rd

Yes,

If you flash it back to stock you can use the Predator.

The thing is there will always be Diablo guys and there will always be SCT guys.

Personally, I prefer SCT because it's a grass roots set up. Bottom line is if you have a tuner that is completely proficient with SCT and Diablo, 9 times out of 10 he will recommend SCT.

As for Joe's intercooler....... I have personally seen 40 hp gains with a re-tune. It's that simple.

I wish more people would take the approach like me an 03s281sc because these cars can run. So many people worry about what the dyno reads and they ditch it for the kb. Now kb does offer bigger blowers true but i wouldnt give mine up.

I took your approach, I ported the series 2, did all the shenanigans and made 380rwhp. I did not get the new intercooler, however I did close off the intercooler gaps which im sure helped some, but not 40rwhp . People ditch the series 1 and 2 blowers b/c they arent good. Now maybe that intercooler closes the HP gap b/w it and EVERY other nice blower on the market, but then it becomes extremely limited by the amount of boost that tiny lil blower can make if your looking for power, not to mention it becomes very inefficient.

I wish more people would take the approach like me an 03s281sc because these cars can run. So many people worry about what the dyno reads and they ditch it for the kb. Now kb does offer bigger blowers true but i wouldnt give mine up.

Um i took your approach. I was actually one of the first to take the approach. There was no way in hell i was buying a KB. My problem was i never dynoed with all the mods on the car or on the track but let me tell you ****** moved.

750706_153_full.jpg

750706_154_full.jpg

750706_155_full.jpg

750706_157_full.jpg

750706_50_full.jpg

JLT CAI
Reichard Racing 3.0 Blower Pulley
Accufab 75mm Tb
42# Inj
SVT Focus Fuel Pump
NGK TR6'S Gapped at .038
90MM Maf
SCT Xcal2 Tune
BBK Ceramic Long Tube Headers
BBK Catted X-Pipe
Magnaflow catback
LFP Heat Exchanger
LFP Intercooler Resivour Tank
3:73 Gears
Nitto Drag Radials

I had to sell the car and regret it alot. I wanted to take it to the track so bad and Dyno it.

not hard at all the only pain is the one we got had no holes drilled for the plate around the intercooler. Its not hard at all to take these things apart just take your time thats all i can say its like a puzzle

not hard at all the only pain is the one we got had no holes drilled for the plate around the intercooler. Its not hard at all to take these things apart just take your time thats all i can say its like a puzzle

like a 3 hour install? do you have to remove the intake manifold or just the s/c? Im really thinking about getting one before dyno day

i think im just gonna get the dyno done then take my time on ordering the intercooler and some stage 1 cams and install them both myself. Im not really up for installing st2's and having a power loss below 3500rpm and all the extra work that comes with needing new springs. If that ever happens, i'll hit the dyno again once they are installed...

The reason they come undrilled is because each saleen intake is slighty different so you have to use the hole pattern on your intake to make it fit correctly.Have you thought about adding the LFP heat exchanger and super tank.

:flag:

do you still have a stock bottom end and what are your numbers

no more stock botom end, and as far as running the series II, i did for a while it didnt make very much power even ported and the iat temps were through the roof, also i was over spining it so i bought a real blower, kb are the best blowers out there hands down.

The reason they come undrilled is because each saleen intake is slighty different so you have to use the hole pattern on your intake to make it fit correctly.Have you thought about adding the LFP heat exchanger and super tank.

:flag:

i was under the impression that the saleen heat exchanger was decent with the dual fans and the intercooler was the weak link in the cooling system of the s/c.

I installed the LFP stuff before the Chicane intercooler....The LFP heat exchanger and the coolant tank are both about 2X bigger than the stock ones they are easy to install and helped drop the intake temps.....