Tuning without the married tuner

Shiloh93

May 6, 2018
GA
Hey I’m new guys and definitely a noob. Got me a 2013 mustang gt a few months ago. It has a boss 302 intake and a ghost cam tune which I hate. Yeah it makes the car sound good but it’s terrible to drive in first gear, plus I feel like it’s not good on the engine. So i have a sct tuner and cannot tune it because it’s still married to the previous owners tuner. I went to ford to retune back to stock and they said there’s a 50/50 chance it may not crank up , depending on what else the previous guy had done to the motor. Or the old tune was custom for that setup he had and it will run like crap. So I decided not to do it but I really hate how it drives. Plus I want to do more mods to this car. Anyway of getting around this or is going back to stock my only option.

• Sponsors (?)

You should call American Muscle (or whomever you bought the tuner from).

I believe that you can use the new tuner to set your EEC back to stock but you will need a replacement tune to load in order for it to run properly.

If the tuner you bought is a used tuner and has been married to a car previously, it will cost you:

$150 to get it unmarried
$150 to join the Tune For Life from Bama
and another $50 to unlock your tuner if it is still married to another car.

You should call American Muscle (or whomever you bought the tuner from).

I believe that you can use the new tuner to set your EEC back to stock but you will need a replacement tune to load in order for it to run properly.

If the tuner you bought is a used tuner and has been married to a car previously, it will cost you:

$150 to get it unmarried
$150 to join the Tune For Life from Bama
and another $50 to unlock your tuner if it is still married to another car.

It’s just a regular SCT x4 for Ford vehicles. That’s what I get in the pic

Attachments

• 509C460E-5EA3-4BD3-B037-4E0644176426.png
    509C460E-5EA3-4BD3-B037-4E0644176426.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 732