Turbo 5.0 guys Opions

5.O STANG

Oct 15, 2005
Why did you go with a turbo over blower? What kits are good? What power are you seeing on 93 octane? Whats the limit of these stock bottom ends? What gains would I see on a stock engine? What is your complete set up and power output?

• Sponsors (?)

I'd say anything over 400 rwhp is potential trouble on a stock bottom-end. That said I made 434rwhp at 9psi with GTX heads, stock cam, and GT40 intake.

I'm also considering selling my incon kit for 3k.

Chris

A turbo will make more hp and way more tq and be less harsh on the engine than a SC. This is becuase it does not have any parasitic loss of power from using the crankshaft like a SC does. But it costs almost twice as much as a SC and I have heard they r hard to tune for the street.

A Hellion Turbo will give you 700+HP to the wheels :nice: But a stock bottom end and block will never handle it.Turbo's are better IMO.You get a nice Idle cause you can use the stock cam,and the torque gain is reason enough to get one! You just have to invest in a bullet proof short block.:nice:

this is the baddest SINGLE turbo mustang i have ever seen.
http://www.centralfloridaturbo.com/dragstripruns.php (willies turbo mustang) VIDEO

SPECS

Engine: Ford 3??
Engine management: MicroTech LTX-8
Internals: JE pistons, Malley billet rods, steel crank, Victor Jr. heads, Holley system max
Externals: Precision GT42 Turbo, Tial 46mm Wastegate, Custom intercooler, Tial 50mm BlowOff Valve, Aeromotive competition fuel system, 96 lb. injectors.
Drivetrain: McLeod Dual disc clutch, 6 speed T-56 Viper transmission.
Suspension: Intrax springs.
Wheels: Cobra R 17 x 9.5 front 17 x 11 back
Horsepower: 959 rwhp / 1051 tq @ 25 psi
95_mustang_1.jpg

95_mustang_3.jpg

95_mustang_4.jpg

yeah,but 950hp on a street driven car has its draw backs.Doing 55-65 on the highway and punching it out just spins the tires!!:shrug: Not a good way to win a race with a 911-Turbo that wants to play!!

Wolverines car owns all.

SC's are cool and all, but Turbo's :nice:
Plus they are not directly connected to the rotating assembly like Superchargers.

Im sure you could build a cheap turbo setup.

BTW look for him on www.fuel:taco:.net