Turbo Build Questions?

Chris98Stang

Dec 29, 2013
Hey everybody it's been a while since I've posted on here. Setup on the car is currently just minor bolt ons. 4.10 gears(which will be changed),Eaton carrier,31 spline axles, aluminum driveshaft, full suspension, team z k-member and other minor stuff. Either way I've made some moves with the mustang and decided to go forced induction, I bought myself a on3 performance forward facing turbo kit with the 70mm turbo and I also picked up some 60lb injectors and calibrated MAF. I'm currently having an engine built, it's a Romeo 4.6 being stoked out to a 5.0 with forged pistons and rods. Swapping to some Romeo PI heads, but have been trying to figure out a good cam for it? I have been leaning more towards MMR turbo cam but I would like to hear some reviews about it. My other dilemma right now is trying to figure out a good clutch and flywheel for it. I would like to be around ~550, so I have been looking at twin disk clutches but have read a lot of bad reviews about them, so I figured I'd hop on here and see what everyone's experiences have been and what you guys would suggest. I have a t45 with the 10 spline output shaft. Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors(?)

Sluggie24

Apr 8, 2017
If it were me I would go with the MMR turbo cams. They have many options for cams which to me means they did testing to see what profiles work best with which combinations.

I can't help with clutches.

Chris98Stang

Dec 29, 2013
I appreciate your input, MMR definitely seems to know what there doing so that's what I was leaning towards them, do u happen to be running any MMR cams?

Sluggie24

Apr 8, 2017
I'm going to be building my teksid block in the next year or so. Will be getting a set of their blower cams and forged rotating assemblies for that.