Turbo build time!!!

SaleenGT2001

Jul 18, 2005
Four Oaks NC
well, it looks like there will be another car with the On3Performance kit.

no, it's not mine........yet........

this is going on the former KB car that was making 443/467 till a ring land let go

my buddy was set to buy a KB 2.8 but the sale fell thru and i think we are ordering this kit tomorrow. we will be going a little different route than the off the shelf kit. we will be using Tial BOV and wastegate, a treadstone intercooler and a turbonetics 76mm with a .96 AR housing. all this will be pushing air thru a built 2V with ported TFS heads, custom turbo cams and an aftermarket intake (not sure which one yet) also it will have a snow performance meth system. we're shooting to make over 800 on the all out tune and somewhere around 650-700 on street tune.

pics will follow as soon as the progress begins. engine is out and all the internals and pretty much everything to build the engine is already here.

• Sponsors (?)

the engine will be built at fastlane. we will do the install at the shop i'm at about 1/8 mile from fastlane or at my friends house. i like to do all the work except building the engine myself. just makes it more fun and saves money too!:nice:

depending on the power outcome and how it drives, my car MAY be switching over to a turbo setup in the future. it may take a while because of THIS

ok, got a lot of updates.

On3 turbo kit came in today. kit LOOKS great! very happy so far. we got it without the turbo b/c he already had a turbonetics 76mm with a 96 AR housing.

engine is being finished up this week. should be a VERY stout combo.
new 4.6 iron block, cobra crank, CP pistons, trick flow heads (ported flowing 289 cfm!) edelbrock intake with 6061 sheet metal plenum. 90mm throttle body.

the fuel system is set up for running E85. return style Fore triple hat with THREE walbro 255's and a fore regulator, 120 pound lucas injectors and a versa fuel driver.

i'm sure i've left out some stuff but that is the high lights.

View attachment 213913

View attachment 213914

View attachment 213915

Was that your buddies KB GT that was making that power on the stock bottom end?

Gonna be a beast when it's done...

PM'd you back about 'Stang Week, wanted to make sure you got that.