Turbo Coupe Stock Stereo?

Since I bought my TC the stereo has never worked and I'm now just finally getting around to looking at it. I figured out the head unit didn't work at all so I replaced it with a new model Ford unit. I have power running through the head unit but have no sound. The car has a factory equalizer which doesn't seem to have power. I've used a test light on the plug with the key on to see if I get any kind of popping figuring maybe it's in the wiring. Very, very light static sounds when I did that. Now I'm looking for more troubleshooting methods to figure out why I have no sound. Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

Well, chances are that the power button on the graphic equalizer is broken. Fromn what I've heard, it's a very common problem. When I got mine, it had a screw wedged in against the equalizer so it would stay on. So, see if pushing in on the equalizer does anything.

My recommendation would be to just replace the head unit with an aftermarket one, however you have to disable/bypass the premium sound to do that. I think I mostly remember what you gotta do since I did it on mine, if you wanna know PM me and I'll tell you what I remember.