Turbo get togethers

88convert

Jan 16, 2004
Indiana
Hey guys!
Is there anything going on in the midwest for turbo owners? I know it's getting late in the year.
I'm a little tired of going to Mustang events and be surrounded by all new iron. I would rather meet with guys that actually did more than wash their cars. The last one I went to was a payment book comparison. I can go to the Ford dealer and see new cars!
Let me know what you think.

• Sponsors (?)

Us Kansas guys have met up twice in the past 3 months...we have at least one get together a year...normally more.

The "big" midwest get together is WFC (world ford challenge) in St. Louis...ALL the big 2.3 guys are at that one.

I would love a turbostang midwest get together. I could see some other turbo 4 banger stangs and get some ideas on what to do to mine. I just completed my swap this summer and want to see/get opinions on what to do to mine.

I think I also need a couple of turboford driving lessons, I dont think I know how to push my car to the limits yet, but my brother says it will bark the tires in 4th gear.

I live about 4 hours from STL.

Here's where I was yesterday.

513839_33_full.jpg

The order is:

Far end of the street: my car
teamfds's rally RX7
caroth's SVO
1984_GT350_Turbo's, um, '84 GT350 turbo :p
The red Merk is one of the local Merk guys, I didn't catch his name
The white Merk is another guy whose name I missed
Turbopit's white Merk, in the driveway (his house)
The black Merk is yet another local guy, not on TF
85Merk's white car
Out of the frame on the right is the guy with the red car's son's blue Merk. :)
Across the street to the left was 70 eliminator's white Merk, and after I took the pic Gary M. showed up in his SVT Contour.

More running Merkurs in one place than I've ever seen before. :D

Ash