Turbo Project Complete. Humps And Bumps

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, and honestly with a stock intake (judging by the pics in the first page of the thread), and the stock cam, I'd be really surprised if you're making power beyond 5500 anyways. Your combination with those upgraded heads might have some decent lungs, but they're breathing through a straw. I'd recommend playing with the shift points on your next outing. Try shifting at 5500 and see if you lose anything. I'll bet that you won't. You might even pick something up. Then, try 5,000. If I'm right, then set your limiter to 5,700.

+1 @RangerJoe Heavier valves, and a bigger rocker ratio + boost + RPM + unknown springs. Not good.

Reactions: 1 users

Attachments

• 20180718_164131.jpg
    20180718_164131.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 153
I paid close attention to the spring and they areally definitely stronger dual springs. But,The chromoly pushrods are definitely heavier,and the 1.7 rockers are moving big heavy valves further. Although it's extremely apparent the problem was mere stupidity but I'll be taking some rpm out of the limiter jic.

Will do! Friday is test and tune that's good because it's at night. 80° 50% humidity, and barometer should be good until Sunday.

assuming my brother doesn't have a job Friday and I can use the trailer should be there.

Well today was a good day!

First pass - 11.9 spun the tires for the first time, and it actually got a little interesting in seconds gear. Started with 15psi and that was definitely too much.

Second pass - 11.8 side note i was next to an 11 second car and being concerned with an interesting ride I sat at the tree for a second to make sure I had a full track and no one to wreck. 13psi hooked up, and I short shifted 5300~ although I think it pulls harder through the gear, I think waiting for the turbo to come back on line negates it.(lift shifting)

3rd pass - 11.7 most importantly my first 1.5 60! That felt good! Hoping I picked up a tire!

I called it a day because 3 back to back good passes and all the cool cars to watch I figured I'll break the car a different day. Also got an auto cross coming up soon.

Have not checked but da was probably around 2k.

Attachments

• 1532142091892538405637.jpg
    1532142091892538405637.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 143
Reactions: 1 users
So I went on a test drive after I got it all back together. Was too lazy to go all the way inside upstairs to get the laptop.

Told my self it's just a test drive and I'll stay out of.... so I did exactly the opposite and first gear out to 6k and it felt great!

Seam like the valve Tran is happy and 1 problem I thought about lowering the limit is I'm going through the traps at 5500 now, and also having a t5 from a 3.8 I have a very big gear separation between first and second so I always try to wind out first gear.

The second pass I consciously short shifted every gear, 5300~ I don't know what to make of it it was my slowest mph but also probably the worst da (still hot, clouds coming in) feels like the turbo takes longer to come back on short shifting. I am going to try loosening the blow off valve to see if that helps.

Autocross fun again! Had a lot more confidence interpreting the course, and felt like I was doing much better. The video is my 3rd run and I made a big mistake asking for too much power while crossing a big dip in the lot. luckily saved it and actually ended up being my second best time.

Of the field I came in 41 of 80 and am happy of the full size heavy metal the ony faster times was a corvette, gt350, and new mustang gt.

Based on the leaders times the course layout was about 1 seconds slower showing I have shaved about 2 second off at the second event and feel good about that. Also I turned the boost down to 5psi this time to make it easier to drive, but will probably run 7 or 8 PSI next time.

View: https://youtu.be/nXxmg0k4AWQ

Well she is gone. I was about to put her away and embark on an engine build and roll cage over the winter. As I have always done in the past before spending money I know I'll never get back. I listed it for sale at a pipe dream of 7900$. Long story short made a deal at 7k $ delivered.

With the instant regret setting in 2 days later I found a white 95 gt with some bolt on's listed at 3500$. I asked if showing up with 2800 would be a waste of time, and he said no. (I don't normally bargain on the phone but the car was two hours away)

So I show up the car barely runs, the paint is covered in 2 years of moss and filth. Body looks great, chassis looks incredible, interior is showroom perfect (80k real miles)and a "few bolt on's" include studed trick flow heads, big cam, trick flow everything from heads to air cleaner, injectors fuel rails regulator, stage 2 clutch, built trans, gears, Ford racing springs, Caster camber plates, full exhaust with long tubes, you get the idea by now..

So I believe being fair and honest made this an even bigger deal! it's difficult to explain the situation in text but I'll try.

Me: "man it hardly runs and I got my work cut out for me but I got to be honest everything looks great so I got 2800 let's load her up". *hand shake*

Seller: " oh by the way I got these 4 perfect black cobra R knock off's wrapped in brand new 275 rubber that come with the car if you're interested"?

I think the seller knew what he was doing and would have sold the wheels separate if I beat him up on the price.

Anyway I'll start a new thread for the car but for now here are some pics of the progress

Ps: coil, power steering tank o ring, and repair a broken pin in the maf harness is all it took to get the car mechanically sound.

Attachments

• 20180908_213053.jpg
    20180908_213053.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 120
  • 20180910_181227.jpg
    20180910_181227.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 128
  • 20180914_193428.jpg
    20180914_193428.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 132
  • 2018-09-13_18.31.42.jpg
    2018-09-13_18.31.42.jpg