TURBO project started... BOOSTED by... tomorrow???

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks guys. I only had 3 days to put this kit on my car, I have been working on it for a few months now in my spare time. I just changed out the plugs and took it for a test drive. I have my boost gauge rigged on the cowl without any light, and it was dark out so I couldnt see what boost I was making, I eased into it in 2nd gear, started pulling a little harder, then the back end just broke loose and went sideways then I let off. Further on down the road I eased into it again and it started breaking up :( :notnice: I'm going to try that MSD coil tonight if mike can drop it off to see if that cures my problem. Now that I've felt what just easing into the throttle feels like... cant wait until I get the nerve to do a full pull

1105 said:
Thanks guys. I only had 3 days to put this kit on my car, I have been working on it for a few months now in my spare time. I just changed out the plugs and took it for a test drive. I have my boost gauge rigged on the cowl without any light, and it was dark out so I couldnt see what boost I was making, I eased into it in 2nd gear, started pulling a little harder, then the back end just broke loose and went sideways then I let off. Further on down the road I eased into it again and it started breaking up :( :notnice: I'm going to try that MAD coil tonight if mike can drop it off to see if that cures my problem. Now that I've felt what just easing into the throttle feels like... cant wait until I get the nerve to do a full pull
that's awesome zach - it looks great too. i have a similar worry .. weather permitting, i have a kb blowzilla (2200) going on this week. i am so afraid i'm gonna lose it in the rain one day. that is why i am starting with only 6# of boost.

Sorry guys I dont have many pictures... Only ones I have are of the beginning and it completed.. No middle pic since my comp crashed and didnt have them saved.

Although I didnt get to do a full pull, I did one form 3rd and through most of 4th with the tires spinning all the way. Hopefully it'll go back on next weekend, Jesse has a boost controller I bought from him so I'm going to turn the boost down for the initial runs to help tune it and yes it WILL go to the track one way or another... I'll have my dad tow it there and back if necessary... Well a trailer will defently be there just incase.

1105 said:
Sorry guys I dont have many pictures... Only ones I have are of the beginning and it completed.. No middle pic since my comp crashed and didnt have them saved.

Although I didnt get to do a full pull, I did one form 3rd and through most of 4th with the tires spinning all the way. Hopefully it'll go back on next weekend, Jesse has a boost controller I bought from him so I'm going to turn the boost down for the initial runs to help tune it and yes it WILL go to the track one way or another... I'll have my dad tow it there and back if necessary... Well a trailer will defently be there just incase.

If you ran without a boost controller then you were seeing the boost level the wastegate is set for. Adding a boost controller will not let you go below that set psi.