Turbo Update

The filter is a NOS nitrous filter... Its just a little extra pertection for the turbo.

118.jpg

I'll paint it once I get everything worked out to where its running at 100%.

What blue thing are you talking about? The one on the TB? If so thats just a silicone hose.

For the return line I welded a fitting into the pan before I swaped it out for my stock one.

• Sponsors (?)

1105 said:
The filter is a NOS nitrous filter... Its just a little extra pertection for the turbo.

118.jpg

I'll paint it once I get everything worked out to where its running at 100%.

What blue thing are you talking about? The one on the TB? If so thats just a silicone hose.

For the return line I welded a fitting into the pan before I swaped it out for my stock one.
the NOS filter was the blue thing i was talking about. that is for the oil, right?
do you have something filtering the air coming into the compressor?

1105 said:
i'm afraid to get on the gas like I did last time just yet. There are a few little things I need to work out before I really get on it, but at 1/2 throttle in 2nd gear it still spins the tires way to easily.

Hows yours running?

Good idea takin it easy it for now. It sounds like you need some traction!:D Mine won't seem to spin them at 1/2 throttle anytime, which is a good thing! It's running pretty damn good for being untuned on the stock computer, but like you I'm afraid to get on it too much before it's tuned. It's definitely a blast to drive!

For the filter I'm just using some metal mesh screen doubled up to keep larger things out.

Its real obvious when the turbo spools up. Mine comes in around 3300rpm with the .96 exhaust housing. I went with that size because I'm going to do a 347 stroker in the future.

Zach

I'm very happy for you man that you finally got the boost back! :nice:
Nice job on the set-up.
What's wrong with 12-14#'s of boost?
I added a boost controller on yesterday and I ran as high as 15#'s and "OH $H!T" was that scary to hear the turbo and blow off at that psi! The car never detonated and it pulled like a mofo! I dialed it back to 10 b/c I got a little paranoid. :D

14psi is scary when its not tuned and you've allready blown 1 HG :D The power wasnt scary but knowing what could happen was :lol: Especially with stock replacement headgaskets. I believe as long as the car never detonates then the gaskets should be fine... Just playing it safe for now :)

BTW, where is the BOV located on your setup? Is it basically in the same place mine is or closer to the intake?

It's mounted in b/t the inlet pipe and the wastegate. Which is located right behind the parking light so it's up high and loud as hell. It's not a BOV but rather the Bosch plastic bypass. So it's connected on both sides and doesn't vent into the atmosphere.

I just got a MAC computer so all my pics are still on my windows hd. I'll pull some off tonite and get them up with the front bumper cover off. :nice:

Thanks JR. The first time I had the car running with the BOV where it is now I couldnt hear it vent the pressure and my turbo would surge when I let off the gas... I dont know if it wasnt getting enough vacuum because I had the line T'd off of another or what... So I'm going to run a single line down to this one from a fitting right off the intake.

Oh trust me Blackvert, when boost comes around, the car gets all whole new attitude and just screams.. On mine, its almost as if the car didnt even have to rev/wing out the rpms.. when the turbo hits full boost, the rpms climb so quickly its not even funny. On street tires you better be a quick shifter! Nothing compared to an N/A setup.