Turboford/mustang meet Aug 7th in Kansas

• Sponsors (?)

There are plenty of flat straight roads around here...

I'm gonna look at SRCA dragstrips schedule and see if the track will be open while you are here...that's probably about the time I'll have the svo ready to go again.

I'll be there if we get my car finished in time. My dad decided to take a nap instead of going to get my brake lines while I got the front tires mounted and balanced, so we're about an hour and a half behind. Here's our list of stuff left to do:

driver's side spindle
quad shock mounting
panhard bar mounting
rear and front brake lines
mount front brakes
pick up wheels from Goodyear
mount front wheels
drive to lawrence

:bang: :bang:

I'm trying to hurry.

Hey man, sorry I couldn't make it. We were still working on my car up until 630 hoping to finish, but we still need to get the brake lines on and the e-brake hooked up, as well as getting my front wheels back. Without my wheels it was pretty much obvious we weren't gonna make it, but I wanted to get as close to done as possible. I am so pissed off right now. I went to 3 different places to find someone who could mount low-profile tires, and finally Goodyear said they could, but for $20 per wheel!!! :mad: I know that's expensive, but they said they could get it done by 430 so I agreed. Unfortunately, the prick working the front counter (I'm calling him a prick not out of frustration, but because he had a bad attitude and really was a prick) didn't call me when they were done. We went down there a little after 5 and they were closed. I could see my wheels sitting in the garage, tires mounted and ready to go. So not only did I pay way too much to get them done on time, but I didn't get them on time and have to go down there tomorrow and drop $40! :notnice: I'm going to throw a freaking fit if they try to charge me full price, seeing as how they never called to let me know my wheels were done and I didn't get them on time. I am so not happy right now. Words cannot describe how I feel about that jerk at the counter.

Hopefully both the Cobra and my car will be running in a few days, so maybe we can have another meet soon. Autocrossing sounds great; it'd be fun to see the handling difference my new setup will make. See you guys later.

Brandon