Turboing an N/A 93 LX.

Ok, I have a 93 LX hatch, and yes I know it's extremely slow. I'm thinking of turboing this thing but it's a dual plug engine? Or whatever they call it. People have told me not to turbo one of these engines but I've heard it's been done no problem. Should I try it or should I not? What should I be looking out for and how much do you think it will cost me?

• Sponsors (?)

Lilwhitestang said:
Ok, I have a 93 LX hatch, and yes I know it's extremely slow. I'm thinking of turboing this thing but it's a dual plug engine? Or whatever they call it. People have told me not to turbo one of these engines but I've heard it's been done no problem. Should I try it or should I not? What should I be looking out for and how much do you think it will cost me?
It's got a dual plug head.

I've been down your road seriously :) after tearing down a spare N/A engine I have and finding out the Head isnt ideal for it I decided to pick up an 87 TC motor :)

To properly run a turbo to an N/A engine you need a Turbo head, Oil line to the turbo, and Forged Pistons with the Turbo Computer and VAM (?) harness.

Trust me, its just easier to pick up a Turbo motor.

btw Welcome :)

ChristmasGT said:
I've been down your road seriously :) after tearing down a spare N/A engine I have and finding out the Head isnt ideal for it I decided to pick up an 87 TC motor :)

To properly run a turbo to an N/A engine you need a Turbo head, Oil line to the turbo, and Forged Pistons with the Turbo Computer and VAM (?) harness.

Trust me, its just easier to pick up a Turbo motor.

btw Welcome :)
Thanks man :cheers: