Turn Signal Help

kikboxr1

Founding Member
Jun 23, 2000
Atlanta, GA
My mom's 1994 GT convertible was stored in a garage for about 5 years until recently. All seems well but the turn signals mostly don't work. Occasionally the left turn signal works but the right signal works less frequently, and when it does the signal blinks at double to triple the normal pace. Most often, neither of them come on at all.

There's been a bit of a mice infestation in the car so the chances a wire was chewed are quite high. Where should I begin my troubleshooting? I have checked all the fuses and they were ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)

Here's an update with a tad more info -

I pulled all the turn signal bulbs and checked the resistance / verified they are good.

The taillights & brake lights work, but here's an interesting note -
If I am holding the brake down and turn on the right turn signal, the right brake light turns off while the left brake light (and third brake light) stays on. If I hold the brake down and turn on the left turn signal, the left brake light turns off while the right brake light (and third brake light) stays on. If I turn on the hazard switch while holding the brake down, both left and right brake lights go out but the third brake light remains on.

Does this point to anything in particular? Faulty multifunction switch? Bad flasher?