turn signal not working right ?

98V6

Oct 28, 2004
Baltimore, MD
Hey My 98 the turn signal and hazard lights are slow or sometimes light up but don't flash or sometimes do nothing.

Whats the fix ?

I was thinking about putting new flasher moduals in where are they located ?

• Sponsors (?)

its underneath the stering wheel next to the kick panel. not sure about the other things, have no pics. i just know because i replaced mine when i did sequential turn signals

no, its just sorta hanging there, mine is yellow, about 2 inches long, 1 1/2 inches wide, you have to push in a clip on one side to get it to come out, and the new one just pushes right in. if you stick yor head under there and look up, it will be on your right side, so above your left leg if you were driving.

edit.. my new one is yellow, i have no idea what color the old one was. probably black?

Sorry turn signal problems prompted a story i find fairly amusing.

First off my brother goes to a strictly engineering college and is studying to be an electrical engineer. One evening his roommate fell asleep about 6 o'clock and my brother and some friends decided to mess with his 02 Dakota. They got a couple of feet of wire and some connectors and went outside. They decided to short between the horn and the left blinker so that anytime he turned on his left turn signal the horn would honk on and off. They didn't tell him what was wrong until a week later, after his dad took it to the dealership and asked what was wrong. The best part is that when the guy's dad was at the dealership, the techs were so confused they thought it was time for him to start looking for a new vehicle.